- It is advised not to fall asleep on your front to allow the anti-wrinkle injections to settle for 4 hours.
- Anti-wrinkle injections usually takes around 7-10 days for effects to show, and 2 weeks to fully come into fruition.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and applying makeup in the 4-5 hours following treatment.
- In the 48 hours following treatment, avoid heat related environments such as sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzis.
- For the first 4 hours following the procedure you shouldn’t lie flat, there is a risk that the botulinum toxin will spread out too much, possibly in the wrong direction. Once your treatment has been performed, you must use the treated muscles intensely for up to four hours! So frowning or squinting (like when you look at the light) is good.
- It’s important not to rub, massage or put pressure on the treated area for the first 4 hours. It’s no problem to lightly touch it in order to wash it, but prolonged intense pressure should be avoided.
- Non-mineral make-up is not recommended for at least 4 hours following any treatment. Smoking and drinking alcohol should be avoided. Refrain from taking any hot showers, baths or jumping into the old hot tub. After a few days the effect of the botulinum toxin will become noticeable and after 2 weeks the result is optimal/maximal.
- After about 2 weeks the maximum effect of the anti-wrinkle treatment will be apparent. At that point if you would like to, you can arrange a follow up. In order to maintain optimal effects, the treatment should be repeated after 3-6 months.