Microblading/ Ombre Pre- care
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen for 72 hours prior to your procedure. Paracetamol is fine. Do not discontinue necessary medications without consulting your Dr first.
- Accutane. You have to be off Accutane for a minimum of 3 months.
Exercise and Lifestyle
- Do not have a strong tan or sunburn on your face prior to your procedure. If you attend your appointment with sunburn, you will be required to reschedule.
- Do not have any chemical peels, microdermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
- Wash your hair before the procedure if possible.
- If you are used to getting your brows tinted, do at least 1 week prior to the permanent makeup procedure.
- You MUST cease the use of Retin-A / Retinoids for 14 days prior to your treatment and avoid using on or around the area for a further 30 days post treatment. If you resume the Retin-A or Retinoids after the 30 days, please be aware that the continued use on the area will fade your permanent makeup prematurely.
Botox /Filler injections
- If you use BOTOX/FILLER in the forehead or temple area, it should be performed either 2 weeks prior to your scheduled procedure or wait until after your procedure.
- Avoid alcohol and coffee/ energising drinks for at least 24 hours prior to the procedure, as they make it more likely for you to bleed whilst getting microblading done which will affect your treatment.
Microblading/ Ombre Aftercare
- On the day of your appointment after your Microblading you will have some lymph fluid oozing from the treated area. Every 2 hours gently blot the area with a clean tissue. This will prevent the lymph hardening and avoid dry crust of skin.
Day 1- 3
- Follow this routine outside of the shower morning, midday & evening for 3 days.
- On the evening of your appointment, once you arrive home gently wash brows with dove bar soap or Sanex. Use your fingertips to wet & cleanse the brow skin to wash away lymph. Gently but firmly rub area in a smooth motion following hair growth, then rinse with luke warm water. Finish off by patting brows dry with tissue.
- Your brows may be a little dry. Avoid at all costs to any pick skin that is hanging off as this can pull off the pigment and cause scarring.
- Keep the brows clean and dry. Avoid excess moisture such as creams, oil and sweat directly or near the brow area.
- Do not use any exfoliants, cleansing products containing acids(gycolic, lactic or aha on the brow area.
Important reminders for 2 weeks:
- Use a fresh pillow case, and try not sleep on your face or eyebrows during healing
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated area. Let any dry skin full off naturally. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour.
- Avoid hot & sweaty exercise for atleast 7 days.
- Avoid taking long hot showers for the first 10 days.Avoid long hot showers & direct shower spray on your brows. When in the shower you can cover your forehead and eyebrow area with a shower cap as you wash your body.
- Avoid water completely on the eyebrow area.
- Avoid sleeping on your face.
- Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs, jacuzzi, sauna.
- Avoid makeup including sunscreen on the area.
- Avoid tint, wax, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to your brows.
Avoid for 4 weeks
- Avoid facials, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning. When in the direct sun wear a hat.
- Avoid facial cleansers containing acids such as glycolic or salycilic acid on treated area.
What to expect during healing
- On the day of treatment: Straight after the brows have been Microbladed the hairstrokes/scratches are darker, sharper, more precise & defined when fresh.
- Day 2 – Brows will become a bit darker, this is due to oxidation of pigment & any blood underneath the pigment going from red to darker red as healing begins. Scratches may feel slightly raised when washing the brows.
- Days 3-7 – Brows become a little flaky as dry skin & excess pigment shed. No more than slight brow dandruff if aftercare is followed properly.
- Days 7-14 – Brows will appear very light, layers of dry skin healing over the pigment takes 4 weeks to fully shed. Aoround this time your brows may seem quite faded.
- Days 14 – 21 – Pigment gradually comes back through, becoming clearer & more noticeable, but not as intense as when fresh. You will begin to see any areas that need to be retouched during second session.