Lip Blush/ Neutralisation Pre Care
- 3 days before, exfoliate lips with a DIY lip scrub; 1 tsp honey +
- 1/2 tsp sugar + 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Every night apply a moisturising lip balm for 7 days
- Stay hydrated drink atleast 8 cups of water a day
- If history of a cold sore be prepared to take Lysine vitamins 7 days before or Acyclovir 3 days before for prevention
- No hair removal, shaving, waxing near the area 5 days before the treatment
- No lip filler for at least 4 weeks prior to your procedure
- Avoid Retin A, aha, chemical exfoliants 4 weeks prior to procedure
- No alcohol or caffeine for 48 hours prior to your procedure
Lip Blush/ Neutralisation Aftercare
- Keep your lips hydrated 24/7. Apply provided healing balm using a clean disposable cotton bud throughout the day to keep them hydrated.
- Morning and evening clean your lip skin by dabbing gently a damp cotton pads or washing with dove soap. Dab dry and apply balm on your lips.
- Note to self: your selected colour will be stronger and brighter. During the first 4 days of healing you may experience swelling, bruising, tenderness, flaking of dry skin & mild itchiness.
- Light flaking/ peeling of the skin on the lips may begin during day 3-5. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your lips. Allow skin to flake away by itself.
- After the dry skin has peeled away your lips will appear as if little to no colour is present, this is normal part of the healing process.
- In 3-4 weeks the colour will come back & blossom into a considerably softer version of the original colour.
- Keep in mind that after 1st session some unevenness of colour is to be expected. This is why we include a touch up to fine tune your lips.
To read more about Lip Blush, Lip Neutralisation. Microblading and Shading, see here.